AUDITION CALL FOR ALAMANCE CHILDREN’S THEATRE
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
Directors: Kara Gilmore and Emily Sledge
Mentoring Director: Say Sink
Stage Manager: Rachel Ealy
Alamance Children’s Theatre (ACT) will present The Best Christmas Pageant Ever at the Paramount Theater in downtown Burlington. Regular show dates are Thursday, November 30 through Sunday, December 3, 2017. Daytime “School Shows” will be at the Paramount on Friday, December 1, 2017.
Auditions are open to youth ages 8 to 18. A prospective cast member must be a minimum of 8 years old and a maximum of 18 years old on the day that individual auditions for the production.
Auditions will be:
Wednesday, October 11, 2017 – 6:30 pm
Thursday, October 12, 2017 – 6:30 pm
Alamance Lutheran Church
4008 Highway 62 South
Potential cast members need to attend only one night of auditions.
Those auditioning will be provided materials at the auditions and do not need to prepare a monologue or other items prior to the audition.
A character list is provided below.
In preparation for auditions, please read these materials and bring the completed form to the audition. You can attach your own picture to the form. ACT will also be taking individual pictures each night for those who do not provide their own.
The Directors are specifically seeking a cast member who plays the piano. Please see page 2 of the Audition Form to explain your piano background and skill level.
Those interested in serving on the Tech Crew for The Best Christmas Pageant Ever should complete the form below and submit it during Auditions on October 11th or 12th.
Regular performances will be at the Paramount at 7:00 pm on Thursday, November 30 through Saturday, December 2, 2017, and at 2:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday, December 2 & 3, 2017. Daytime “School Shows” occur on Friday, December 1, 2017 and are tentatively scheduled for 9:30 am and 12:00 pm.
All cast and tech crew members must be present for all regular performances and the “School Shows”. The Alamance-Burlington School System as well as other schools have previously recognized School Show performance days as excused absences for cast and crew members.
For any additional information, please contact email@example.com.
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever Character List
- FATHER (Bob Bradley)
- MOTHER (Grace Bradley)
- BETH BRADLEY – the narrator, strong voice and presence
- CHARLIE BRADLEY – traditional kid brother
- RALPH HERDMAN – ragged, scroungy, slouching manner, touch of adolescent cool
- IMOGENE HERDMAN – loud, bossy, crafty
- LEROY HERDMAN – tough, sure of himself
- CLAUDE HERDMAN – tough, combative
- OLLIE HERDMAN – looking for trouble, Claude’s usual partner in crime
- GLADYS HERDMAN – small, wiry, fiesty
- ALICE WENDLEKEN – prim, proper, pain in the neck
- MRS. ARMSTRONG – imposing, managerial in voice and manner
- MRS. SLOCUM – pleasant, motherly
- MRS. CLARK
- MRS. CLAUSING
- MRS. MCCARTHY – a younger, less imperious version of Mrs. Armstrong
- ELMER HOPKINS
- REVEREND HOPKINS
- ANGEL CHOIR MEMBERS
- BABY ANGELS